Animal Emergency Critical Care Joint Surgeries
- Cranial Cruciate Rupture (often referred to by human terminology as a torn “ACL”) can be surgically treated in any size pet
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)—usually gives the pet a swift recovery and excellent long-term function
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)—an alternative to TPLO, TTA is a faster, less aggressive surgical option for both large and small dogs, of any age, that weigh at least 10 pounds.
- Extracapsular Suture—many pets, especially the smaller ones, can achieve good long-term function
- Dislocations and other joint surgery