Here are 10 ways to celebrate National Dog Day (August 26th):
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and other pets.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
5. Buy your dog a fun new dog toy….or two…or five.
6. Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a dog friendly park or beach.
7. Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
8. Teach your dog a new trick.
9. Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
10. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
Enjoy the Day!
Tips courtesy of National Dog Day. Visit: www.nationaldogday.com